W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company was created around the turn of the century, during a time when pocket knives were as essential as a watch. Through the years, the company has been recognized as a leader in pioneering new materials and designs in the knife industry. The Case knives roots extend back to 1889. The Case family began selling handcrafted Case knives from the back of a wagon in upstate New York In January 1900. By the time the company moved to Bradford, PA in 1905, the four Case brothers had established their family brands as the most respected names in American cutlery.