Ferrum Reserve 5" Dual Edge Utility Knife, High Carbon Steel , Reclaimed Walnut Wood Handle
The Ferrum Estate 5 inch Dual Edge Utility Knife is an excellent knife for slicing cucumbers, tomatoes, salami, and other foods with tough skin. Its sharp, serrated edge is also useful for slicing small loaves of bread like baguettes. The back 1.25-inch portion of the blade is serrated, while the rest is fine edge making it easy to get the cut started, which makes the knife more versatile. Re-thinking the entire process how knives are made and using new technology, the knife-making experts at Ferrum Technologies incorporate advanced production techniques, and metals with greater purity and density for fantastic cutting performance. Each knife in the Estate Collection features a handsome, double-bolstered maple wood handle. Ferrum knives are built using unique metal forming techniques to look great, feel great in the hand, and deliver razor sharp performance.
- Corrosion-resistant carbon steel cryo-hardened to a hardness of 61.
- Hand sharpened to a 16 Degree "apple seed" edge to achieve the best combination of sharpness and durability.
- Blade is treated with a Chromium rich alloy which resists harsh corrosive elements.
- Crowning technique round the spine and flush sand every seam to insure a comfortable grip.
- Heel is 20% wider than traditional chef's knives, resulting in smother cutting motion.
- Lifetime limited warranty from Ferrum with normal use and proper care.
- Overall Length:
- Blade Length: 5"
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Steel: American High Carbon Steel
- Handle Material: Reclaimed Walnut Wood
- Weight: 1.1lbs
- Origin: USA