Product DescriptionSmith's 2 Stone Sharpening Kit
Smiths 2-Stone Sharpening Kit includes a 5 Medium Stone used to set the edge on your knife or tool, and a 4 Fine Arkansas Stone used to put the final polished edge on your knife or tool. The Medium Stone comes mounted on a sturdy molded plastic base that features a built-in stone storage area in the bottom for the Fine Arkansas Stone. A bottle of Premium Honing Solution and a sharpening angle guide are also included.Features
- 5 Block Mounted Medium Stone to Set Your Edge
- 4 Fine Arkansas Stone to Finish Your Edge
- Premium Honing Solution Cleans and Protects the Sharpening Surface
- Sharpening Angle Guide for the Correct Angle Every Time
- Stone Size / Stone Grade:
- 5 x 1 5/8 x 3/8 / Medium
- 4 x 1 x 3/8 / Fine Arkansas
- care & use
- Sharpening Instructions:
- Put a small amount of Smiths Honing Solution on your stone.
- Place your blade on the end of the stone at the desired sharpening angle.
- Push the blade away from you just like you were trying to cut a thin slice off the top of the stone. Use moderate pressure, let the stone do the work. Repeat this pushing stroke 3 or 4 times. Try to maintain the same approximate angle with each stroke. This is the key to obtaining the sharpest edge.
- Sharpen the other side of the blade by placing your blade across the opposite end of your stone and repeat previous steps, this time pushing the blade toward you.
- Continue these steps until you feel your blade is truly sharp.
- Cleaning your stones will keep the pores free of stone and metal particles. After each use, the Arkansas stones should be cleaned by scrubbing vigorously with water, liquid soap, and a stiff nylon brush.